DOCH's Summer School Residency, 7,5 credits
DOCH's Summer School Residency is what it sounds like - a mix between a course and a residency. DOCH which is normally empty during summers will be transformed into a camp of performance work making.
You as a student will be accompanied during the process, from artistic idea to presentation, as well as having lot of time for self- organization. In the end of the course there will be a public presentation window. The course is intended for dance artists and performing arts artists who are starting to make performative works.
The course runs in parallell with the course Methods and forms of writing in relation to artistic practices. The courses will run so that it is easy to take both of them. Students are encouraged to take both courses as a way to develop an artistic work alongside the development of its writing practice. But the course DOCH's Summer School Residency can also be taken independently.
General entry requirement for studies at the first cycle with exemption for Swedish 1, 2, 3 and English 6.
Specific entry requirement:
- 60 credits in dance or the performing arts or corresponding professional experience in those subjects.
Admission to the course is based on an overall assessment of the submitted application documents. A presentation of an artistic idea that will be the starting point for a course project is to be included in the application. During the assessment process, previous education and knowledge, professional experience and other experiences that could be of value to the course will be considered. Special consideration is given to artistic experience/activity with a focus on and/or related to the course content.
Language of instruction
Course Outline and Schedule
The course runs over 10 weeks with a more intensive schedule in the beginning and the end of the course.
1. 20th to 23rd of June: Introduction and workshops (intensive schedule).
2. 24th of June to 6th of July: Independent work.
3. 7th to 15th of July: Mentoring period 1/Independent work (individual sessions, less intensive schedule).
4. 16th to 31st of July: Independent work
5. 1st to 5th of August: Mentoring period 2/Independent work (individual sessions, less intensive schedule)
6. 6th to 14th of August: Independent work
7. 15th to 28th of August: Presentation window, feedback and examination (15th to 21st of august intensive schedule which includes presentation/examination. 22nd to 28th august individual feedback sessions, less intensive schedule)
You apply through our web system. You will be asked to upload documents that show that you meet the general and the specific entry requirements of the course, your CV, and a plan for an artistic idea or a project that you would like to work with in this course.
For more information about the course, please contact:
For questions regarding your application, please contact:
Education Administration Offices
T: +46 (0)8 49400850